Saturday, May 30, 2009

Raspberry Cordial

Raspberry Cordial

By Kate Macdonald Butler,

Grand Daughter of L.M. Montgomery



You will need:

2 packages of Raspberries, Frozen

1 ¼ cups of sugar

4 cups of water

3 lemons


Instructions:

In a saucepan add sugar and frozen raspberries to 4 cups of water. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes until sugar has dissolved. Then Mash the mixture thoroughly. Poor the mixture through a strainer and discard pup. Add the strained juice of three lemons. Stir.


(Note: You can substitute out the raspberries for strawberries or any other form of berry.)



Picture from: http://www.flickr.com/photos/81898812@N00/1464706711

2 comments:

The Muse said...

Is there a product as shown in the pic? ... I love the vintage styling :)

Joanna said...

There is a product on PIE as far as I can tell, but I dont think you can order it from the websites and have it delivered. I browsed for hours looking into that. So I finally decided to make my own. I made Strawberry Cordial though instead of Raspberry and it was so nice and yummy.

I've a friend in Australia who said that cordial is still pretty popular over there and you can buy it by the bottle but she said it wasnt as good as it would be if it was homemade.