Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A move to Hopswell and a grand role! ~ Vices and Vitures~ Virginia


After having gained a good amount of money from her acting, Virginia had decided it was time to move away from the theater and the threatening advances of its dear owner. So after searching every nook and cranny in Bath, Virginia found an affordable boarding house called Hopswell Boarding house right off of Barton Street, near enough to the theater that she could walk to it, but far enough away that Monsieur Fournier would not be able to advance her. And to Virginia’s delight, Emilia decided to board with her. Making the rent that much cheaper.

“I’ve always dreamed of having my own place to call home.” Emilia announced while they unpacked their few belongings.

“I know, isn’t it simply wonderful?”

“Yes and the best part is, we’re away from the theater and Monsieur Fournier.” Emilia said dramatically.
“ I thought you liked Monsieur Fournier.”

“ I did.” Emilia said and then grew quiet. “Never mind about that anyway, we have our own room! Yay!”

“ Yes and we finally have the roles we deserved too!”

“Much Ado About Nothing is a splendid play don’t you think?” Emilia asked opening up her script by William Shakespeare.

“Of course it’s splendid silly, Shakespeare wrote it.”

Emilia pulled on one of her white tunic costumes and stood up on a chair with the script in her hands.

“Why, he is the prince's jester: a very dull fool;
only his gift is in devising impossible slanders:
none but libertines delight in him; and the
commendation is not in his wit, but in his villany;
for he both pleases men and angers them, and then
they laugh at him and beat him. I am sure he is in
the fleet: I would he had boarded me.”

“When I know the gentleman, I'll tell him what you say.” Virginia answered giggling and then bent down to pick up something she had dropped. “ I am so glad to be here Emilia. I wonder what that impossible Penelope is thinking now that I finally got a role better than hers.”

“Yes but Beatrice is a wonderful role, I wish I could play her.”
“Someday you will.”

“Someday we’ll be grand actress’s and have our own theater where Penelope will wash our floors.” Emilia announced jumping down from the chair and pretending to scrub the floor of their bedroom.

“And Monsieur Fournier shall be forced to work in the catwalk making sure the sets come down. But pray, I fear he should fall from the high ropes.”

“Nay, I do not fear that he shall, for I know he will.” Emilia said standing up and the two girls fell over on the bed laughing and squealing.

No comments: