Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A bit o everything! Lots of stuff in one post and nothing else to name it

Location: Bedroom
Music: A Mediterranean Odyssey~ Loreena McKennitt
Book: Black Heart of Jamaica
Mood:


Well, not a whole lot has been happening. And I havent really been doing much, just kinda relaxing while going out shopping and spending time with family. For once there is very little going on in my life, besides the normal stuff like school and work.

As a result, I have had time to do a few times. First off, I finally made Kugel. How many weeks later is it since i posted that recipe? lol. Anyway, It tasted pretty good. It was just different tasting because I'm not used to Jewish foods. But I still liked it. And I thought it turned out pretty well. :)



Also, as I said before, I was able to do a little shopping and found a few new treasures. One on Ebay. And Another at the local Antique store i go too. I really love these old magizines. And the Calling All Girls one is awesome.



Today Loreena Mckennitt had a new cd come out that is almost 23$ at walmart. It's a special edition, limited time one. And its called A Mediterranean Odyssey. I did find it on Itunes for about eleven dollars, and its sooo wonderful. I was so happy that she came out with a new cd. I just love her music.



http://www.quinlanroad.com/

And last but not least, I even made a simple craft from an idea i got from The Modern Priscilla magazine.

Cheap Rose Jars
The Modern Pricilla for November, 1910
From the article;
Helps for the House Keepers pg 21
Edited by Sally Lunn

I buy quaint blue and white jars of preserved ginger and when empty use them for dried rose leaf jars, and very pretty ones they make- M.L.M



While we can not buy ginger spices in pretty blue and white jars anymore, I did manage to find a cute little blue candle holder and filled it with rose potpourri. It makes a beautiful decoration that smells nice too. :)

Pot Kettle Black
Whip It Soundtrack



I bet you think we didn’t know
Didn’t even see the tides change
But it’s a small, small world, girl
Getting even smaller every day

I bet you think we didn’t know
Didn’t even see the tides change
But it’s a small, small world, girl
Getting even smaller every day

You can fake that smile
For a hollow while
But the kids all learn
Once those bridges burn

Ssssssssssssss

The trash washes up to shore
Even in this landlocked place
The shit gets thicker
It’s toxic
Get it out my face

The trash washes up to shore
Even in this landlocked place
The shit gets thicker
It’s toxic
Get it out my face
And don’t be surprised
If they don’t buy your lies
Some of us can see through
Your stained glass eyes

Pot kettle, pot kettle black
Talk that, talk that smack
Pot kettle, pot kettle black
Watch your, watch your back

Pot kettle, pot kettle black
Talk that, talk that smack
Pot kettle, pot kettle black
Watch your, watch your back

Oh my god
Did you hear (yeah)
About that bitch
And what she did?
I don’t believe it
Aw, aw
What a ho
What a tramp
What a slut

(pause)

Pot kettle, pot kettle black
Talk that, talk that smack
Pot kettle, pot kettle black
Watch your, watch your back

Pot kettle, pot kettle black
Talk that, talk that smack
Pot kettle, pot kettle black
Watch your, watch your back

Lyrics soundtrack:

Pot Kettle Black (Tilly and the Wall) listen
Sheena Is a Punk Rocker (The Ramones) listen
Bang On (The Breeders) listen
Dead Sound (The Raveonettes) listen
Your Arms Around Me (Jens Lekman) listen
Learnalilgivinanlovin (Gotye) listen
Boys Wanna Be Her (Peaches) listen
Jolene (Dolly Parton) listen
Caught Up In You (.38 Special) listen
Unattainable (Little Joy) listen
Breeze (Apollo Sunshine) listen

Lyrics taken from

http://www.stardusttrailers.com/scheda_testo.php?id=17633&id_testo=1738&titolo=Pot%20Kettle%20Black

Oooh yes and before i forget, I came across this http://www.hallmark.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/article|10001|10051|/HallmarkSite/RainbowBrite/?landingPage=rainbowbrite&hostName=www.rainbowbrite.com website yesterday or the day before. Apparently, they are gonna remake Rainbow Brite. I hope they dont ruin her like they did Strawberry Shortcake. But so far she looks pretty cute. She's not the original. But she looks cute either way.

No comments: