Tuesday, November 10, 2009

To be a tattle or not to be a tattletale: Alessandra~ Twilight


I felt a bit smug as I walked out of the hospital. I had tricked Dr. Cullen into believing that I was a vampire who whole heartily wanted to become human again. I had not known that I was such a good liar up until that point. Aro would be pleased, the only problem however was, that I was unsure if I wanted to present this new situation to Aro himself. If this antidote worked, than it could be very dangerous in the hands of Aro and he could do with it what he wanted. He could turn any of us human again and kill us. And what was worst, was that I could see him doing that. However, if I kept it secret, than he wouldn’t know about it, but then again if I he did find out about it, and figured out that I knew about it and didn’t tell him, then things could go very badly for me.

For once in my life I was stuck on what to do. I sighed as I fumbled for my cell phone to call Petrus. Before I could call him, he was in front of me with the car. I grinned. He always did. Of course, he was probably waiting for me across the parking lot and my stupid ass just didn’t see him. He opened the car door for me and helped me in. He really was such an uncanny gentleman.

“How did it go?” He asked, turning the car out of the parking lot.

“The Cullens have what they call an antidote to vampirism.” I said bluntly. Petrus pulled the car over to the side of the road and stared at me.

“What?” He asked stunned. “ Is that even possible?”

I shook my head. “ I have no idea, but apparently it is. Carlisle was human when I saw him today. He told me that he had not been human for more than 24 hours and that the antidote was still in an experimenting stage…”

“You didn’t!” Petrus suddenly said staring at me with wide eyes, as he knew exactly what it was that I had asked Carlisle.”

“Petrus, we are Volturi. Aro would expect me to do this, and even if he didn’t ask me too, I think… Well, I might do it anyway. Besides, no harm will come from it. If I want to be a vampire again, I know plenty of vampires who will turn me back.” I stated confidently.

“But you have no idea what the consequences could be.”

“That’s the fun of it all.” I answered, I was not in the least bit afraid of what I was about to do. Carlisle was harmless enough. I doubt that he even thought for one second about what could happen if his antidote fell into the hands of the Volturi.

“Are you going to tell Aro about this?” Petrus asked shaking his head.

“ I don’t know.” I said truthfully, and he nodded turning the car back onto the road. “I’m slightly afraid of what he could do with this…. He could use it to kill other vampires…”

“Like us?” Petrus asked clearly understanding where I was coming from. I nodded my head. “I don’t think you should tell him right away.” He said softly. “Maybe you should wait until after you take the antidote to see what happens over it. Then tell him. He couldn’t get to angry because he would have the antidote. Carlisle would have no choice but to make a few for us to take home.”

I nodded. “That’s what I was thinking.” I said.

No comments: