Thursday, December 10, 2009

The First Pain of Hunger~ Alessandra Twilight Post



I sat staring at myself in the mirror for a good long time after I hung up with Aro. It wasn’t until several hours later that I released how hungry I was. I hadn’t felt the pains of hunger in two thousand years, and I wasn’t exactly sure how I liked feeling those pains now. I hadn’t felt pain in two thousand years. I frowned.

“PETRUS!” I yelled for my little pet mouse who was at the door in a minute and then backed away.
“You’re…

“Human?” Petrus nodded and sighed.

“So it worked.”

“You can quit capping at me.” I stated, crawling off my bed. I no longer had the grace and elegance I had for two thousand years. Petrus continued to stare at me. “What?” I asked.

“You’re very beautiful for a human.” He said grinning wickedly at me. “I guess I wont eat you yet.” He added.

“Oh shut it.”

“So, what do we now? Tell Aro?”

“Are you joking?”

Petrus laughed yet there was seriousness underneath the laugh. I shook my head. “No, you’re right.”

“I’m hungry… And not for human blood. I haven’t eaten in two thousand years and I somehow think that the foods I ate then, are no longer…”

Petrus nodded. “Come on, I’ll take you to the diner.” He said walking down the hall. “You should call Dr. Cullen and let him know his uh antidote worked.” He yelled. “And change clothes.”

“I’m not a complete idiot Petrus!” I yelled after him. I wasn’t going out in sleepy wrinkled clothing, and yes I knew I should call Dr. Cullen. Though I dreaded it, I wondered how long I could wait before I called him? Probably not long. Cursed cell phone.

No comments: