Monday, December 14, 2009

No Side Effects Yet~ Alessandra Twilight Post


I absolutely did not want to call up Carlisle. I did not want to deal with him. I did not want to be human anymore than I had wanted to be a vampire when Aro had…. I shook my head and stared out the window, watching the rain come falling down, and yawned. I what? Yes, I yawned. I blinked, my eyes slowly drooped. I was warm and my stomach was full. I snuggled into my now not- warm- enough jacket. I made a mental note to go to Seattle to buy a new- very- warm coat. How long was a trip to Seattle from Forks for a human? Gods I was a human. A heavy sigh escaped my lips and Petrus looked over at me. Then moved his eyes back to the road, I was glad for his presence. He made me feel safe when I was feeling so… human. I frowned. Petrus made me feel safe uh? That was a strange feeling. I grumbled. No matter how much I did not want to call Carlisle, I knew I had too.

“Good Evening, Alessandra.” Carlisle said on the other end of the phone. I was still trying to get used to the fact that his voice wasn’t as crystal clear as I remembered it to be. Before he became human. Was this what it was like for Aro when he had called me? I swallowed.

“It worked.” I said quietly lifting my now blue eyes up to Petrus’s very scary red ones… Since when did Red eyes bother me? I frowned again.

“Really? That’s wonderful!” Came Carlisle’s delighted voice. “Were there any side effects?” He asked. I could hear him rampaging around in the background. I guessed he was looking for paper and pen. Time to get used to being a science experiment.

“Side effects?” I asked a bit confused and then remembered that there were possible side effects, though because Dr. Cullen was the only one to try the antidote, he did not know what they were. “ No, no side effects yet. But I have only been human for a few hours. I was hungry for the first time and Pet… and I went to the Diner to eat for the first time in…” I slowed down. I had to be careful how much I told Carlisle, I did not want him knowing too much information about me before I was ready. He did not need to know who I was just yet.

“That is wonderful that the antidote worked twice and there are no side effects!” He said happily. I tried to sound excited.
“Yes, isn’t it? Though just remember that I have only been human for a few hours, and there could still be side effects. I do not have the same abilities I did before, for example, I cant… Well you know.” I said quietly.

“Yes but I am sure your abilities are the same they were when you were human?”

“I suppose they are.” I stated.

“If you need anything, or need to see me, or speak to me, please feel free to call me again. I would also like to speak with you in a few days just to make sure things are still going alright.” He said. I nodded this was a reasonable request. I hated talking on the phone, but I could call him in a few days.

“Alright, I can do that. Have a good evening, Dr. Cullen.”

“Goodnight, Alessandra.” He said. And I shut the phone off. Petrus shook his head.

“What?” I asked looking at his smiling face. I had never noticed how beautiful he really was before then. Gods, Petrus was beautiful? I shook my head. What was wrong with me?

“You really have him fooled don’t you?” I shrugged.

“I am a Volturi Guard…”

“No I would say you are part of the Aro, Marcus and Caius thing. Not a guard.”

“What makes you say that?” I asked now glaring at him.

“Aro thinks of you as a sister.”

“Because he killed his and I have been around for two thousand years.” I muttered.

“Right.” Petrus said and went back to silently staring at the road. Gods, he was so annoying.

No comments: