Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Arrival of Bunny Cullen! ~ Alice Post Twilight


I had it all planned out. It was still warm enough that Jasper and I could go camping for the day in the woods on our land. Being newly human we couldn’t reach some of our special spots in the woods. But there were a few locations we could still reach and there was Emmett’s Jeep. The jeep we sorda took without telling him. Oh well. Em had Rosalia’s car. It wasn’t like he would miss his Jeep for a day. Besides siblings did stuff like that right?

It didn’t take long for us to reach the spot, and set up camp. Jasper and I had no trouble setting up our tent, this was probably due to Jasper war years. I couldn’t image what those years had been like, and every time I thought of it, my heart ached for him. Poor Jaz. I thought looking lovingly over at him. He grinned.

“All done.” He said brushing his hands off and plopping himself down on the ground. “So now what?” He asked pulling me down with him.

Over the past few days, I had ordered a few books on how to care for rabbits, and some gear for my pet adventure. I wasn’t 100% sure how to go about this. My visions were nothing what they used to be and I couldn’t concentrate on the future like I had been able to before. Instead the visions came and went but were little more than dreams. So I had to rely on pure research.

One of the books had said that rabbits like any other creature liked treats. They ate things like vegetables and carrots and stuff. So I had created a little treat dish for my new pet that I was going to capture. I felt a tiny bit bad for capturing it. But I told myself that it was for the better. The bunny would be well loved and taken care of and have a little home of its own and be well spoiled. So in a way I wasn’t taken the bunny out of the wild. I was giving it a home. Kinda like Carlisle had done for us. Yes that was it. I was going to be a Mummy to a bunny. Wasn’t that cute?

“Well, I am going to put a little pile of the treats I made in the bush over there. And then we’re going to wait until a bunny comes, and I am going to make a trail of treats that leads to us and then I shall have a bunny.”

“Darling I don’t think it works like that.” Jasper said doubting me.

“Aw, just watch.” I said placing the treats in a little trail. Jazz shook his head at me.

“If it doesn’t work don’t say I didn’t tell you so.” He announced as I plopped next to him.

“I wont have too because it’ll work.” I stated confidently.


************************


Jasper had his arms around me protectively as I sat in his lap and read my book for the next few hours. He watched the pile of treats I had placed in the bush, waiting for Mr. Bunny to show up. Just as I was thinking about giving up, Mr. Rabbit decided to stop by for lunch!

“Alice…” Jazz whispered in my ear and pointed to the bush were a cute little brown bunny sat on his hide legs looking around. He didn’t seem to notice us, and when he was sure it was safe, he ate the treats. Then, he noticed the trail of treats and just like Hansel and Gretal, he followed it right up to me! I was so excited I didn’t know what to think.

The little bunny hopped up to Jasper and looked at us for a moment, than laid down right next to us. I picked him up and placed him in my lap.

“There now, you must not be afraid. I’m going to take good care of you little bunny.” I said happily. Then turned to Jazz.

“See, I told you it would work.”

“Uh. I wish I had you on my scouting expectations in the war.” Jasper stated staring at the newest addition in our family.

No comments: