Friday, January 15, 2010

Hospital Vist~ Alessandra Post


My Camaro was parked in the parking lot outside the Forks hospital. On the passenger’s seat, in a nice rather expensive, decorative, blue paper bag, was Carlisle’s peacemaking presents all nicely wrapped right down to the espresso and the chocolate covered strawberries. Italy was a god sent as usal when it came to presents. We had everything in Italy, and besides that, America imported half of its products anyway. I was sure though, that Carlisle would recognize that the products, (besides his prayer book) came from my home country.

Closing my eyes, I swallowed hard, and opened my eyes again to stare at my pathetic peacemaking act. Why was I so nervous about this? The whole thing was stupid. It didn’t matter if Carlisle was angry with me or not. I had only done what he must have known Aro would have asked me to do anyway. So why this mattered so much to me, I still had no idea. But it did matter a great deal to me. I took in a deep breath and stepped outside of the car, pulling my bag of gifts out of the car with me.

After I locked the car, I turned to face the hospital. “Okay. No big deal. Here it goes. Just walk in there like you’re going to an appointment or something. Oooh and probably should hide the bag. No. Might as well carry the bag.” I said to myself. “It’s not like other patients probably don’t bring Dr. Cullen presents for his kind services.” I smiled. Yes this was perfectly normal.

I gingerly walked through the hospital and up to the front desk. The lady at the desk seemed familiar but I couldn’t remember her name. I was sure she was the same one who had made my appointments before. Stupid human memory I never had this problem with remembering names before.

“Hello Miss de Sismondi. What can I do for you today?” She asked in a pleasant voice, with a magazine laid out before her on the desk. I had to smile at the magazine.

“I’m here to see Dr. Cullen. I don’t have an appointment. But if you could squeeze me in…”

“I’ll see what I can do.” She said, going to her books, “Please have a seat in the waiting room.” She added and I cringed. I hated the waiting room.

***********************

When I was a vampire, I had always taken time for granted. After all when one has eternity, you don’t really think about time in the sense that humans do. One day went by as a second might. But now that I was a human, I was found that I was getting bored with waiting. It had been an hour. Surely it wouldn’t take much longer to see Carlisle. Or perhaps he was avoiding me. I sighed and shifted in my seat again. A little girl looked up from some game system she was playing. I made a mental note to get one of those hand held game things.

“Alessandra. Dr. Cullen will see you now.” The woman from the desk said and waited for me to follow her to the doctor’s office. Though, she really did not have to show me the way. I knew where it was. But I decided to be a good girl and go along with the strange human ways that I was not accustomed to any longer.

We wandered down the hallway and passed several offices and rooms before we came to Carlisle’s. The woman opened the door and let me inside, than shut it before.

“Hello Alessandra.” Carlisle said, his voice pleasant, though he looked a little annoyed at seeing me. I didn’t blame him. I nodded my head. Time to get down to business.

“Carlisle.” I said as he motioned for me to take a seat.

“What can I do for you today?” He asked still keeping to the civil conversation. I sighed. “Are you still not feeling well from your episode last night?”

“Actually, I wanted to apologize for last night. I did not mean for you to come out to my home so late at night. And… I wanted to apologize again for… Well… Anyway, these are for you.” I said a little shyly and quickly while I handed Carlisle the bag of presents I had for him. Honestly, I didn’t remember when I had last given someone a present. And I truly hoped that the presents would help win him back over. There was nothing wrong with peace offerings was there?

No comments: