Monday, February 22, 2010

Youthful Look On Life~ Alice Twilight


I had tortured Jasper the whole way here with the Grease Soundtrack, now that I did not have an awesome memory, I wanted to make sure I had all the songs and lines memorized. He of course, had endured and pretended to be Danny throughout most of those awkward car scenes. Of course actually having lived through the time period, helped a good deal. I remembered wearing those god awful poodle skirts, my hair in ribbons and saddle shoes. Which I might add where nearly impossible to find now a days. I was glad I had kept a few in the back of my closet. I had to be authentic.

Then when we finally arrived at the high school, Jasper had even teased me by pulling out an old leather jacket he had left over from his 50s time period. I laughed, when he dug it out of the car. “Is that… authentic?” Someone had asked him.

“It’s um… Carisle’s Dads’ jacket. From… High school.” Jasper had lied peering over at Carlisle who couldn’t hear him of course. It was odd not being able to hear each other after years of knowing each others' every move.

“Cool.” Eric said. “I gotta have one of those. I wonder if Ebay has them.” He bounced off towards Angelia. And Jasper let out a sigh of relief. He still wasn’t used to being able to be near humans without feeling the need to suck them dry of blood.

“That went good.” I said cheerfully. “You did good Jazz. I mean, Eric never would believe the truth anyway, and it’s not so far fetched. How do we know that Carlisle’s dad didn’t have a-- leather something or another?”

“Because the odds are that he didn’t. “ Jasper said and smiled at me.

“Right, he was a self righteous priest after all. Poor Carlisle, to have a dad like that…. I cant remember mine, but all the same.”

“Yeah, mine wasn’t like that, but then, it was a different time period and all.” Jasper said leading me behind the stage which was all in a chaotic uproar as we knew it would be. Most high school performances where. I mean sure teenagers tried to act professional and all but most of them weren’t. “He was more concerned with the war really than being righteous. “

I cringed slightly as I glanced over at Mike Newton who was staring at me. I think he wanted me to be Sandy so he could get a chance to kiss me and be near me. At least now that I was human, this was going to be a lot easier than it would have been and I was grateful that Carlisle had found the antidote when he did. I only wish I could have a vision of what the rest of the night was going to be like. But no matter how hard I tried, it didn’t come.

So I was completely clueless about what was going to happen tonight and I didn’t like that feeling. But I wasn’t going to show that at all, I was going to go and have fun and actually act like I was 19 and not almost a hundred years old. Not that I ever truly acted like I was almost a hundred years old. I liked to keep a youthful look on life.

No comments: