Saturday, March 27, 2010

Ancient Party of Games~ Alessandra Twilight


“So what exactly are you supposed to be?” One of Mamma’s guests asked me as I walked into the room wearing a costume that was supposed to make me look like a member of society. Instead, the costume, my slave had dressed me in, that my mother had picked out, made me look like my little sister Harmonia. Who turned and laughed at me. She wasn’t even old enough to be at the party much less be up. Instead, my mother insisted that she be here because she said that it was high time Harmonia, who was even more beautiful than I was, be noticed. Girls did start to get married at the age of 13 after all. And Harmonia was 10.

“She’s supposed to look like Mamma.” Harmonia giggled picking up our stray cat that liked to hang around the villa.

“Well, it doesn’t matter what I look like, I am a Priestess of Vesta.” I stated nodding my head.

“How true.” The woman said looking me up and down and probably wondering why the High Priest and High Priestess chose me a dim witted, stupid, girl like myself instead of her equally dim witted, stupid girl.

“It was nice talking to you.” I said, turning around and rolling my eyes only to see my twin brother with another girl, a nice girl, one we grew up with. He was kissing her! I sighed and turned back to Harmonia who was still playing dress up with the cat. Yep, great idea there. That was really going score her a husband. She should be with her slave.

“Mamma, why must we have all these parties?” I asked turning to my mother.”

“We are members of society, do I need to remind you of that?”

“Yes Mamma.” I said once again rolling my eyes as I turned to walk through the villa and walked into the lush green garden. A few slaves were working in it, but I ignored them. An object, laid not too far from me, one I wanted, it was an apple. I concentrated on it, hard, staring at it for a few moments, concentrating, focusing all my attention it. Soon, the apple twisted and turned off the branch and slowly, floated over towards the stone bench I sat on and into my hands. I grinned as I rubbed the apple clean and bit into it. Then turned to face a very pale, strange looking man staring at me with wide eyes. I shrugged and walked back into the Villa, loosing myself in my Mamma’s party.

*************************


Carlisle had mentioned something about a party the town was having, I should have probably dragged my ass out to it. But the thought of going to a party, just did not thrill me. Not to mention the fact that the only two people I was going to know would be Seth and Carlisle. Okay add Carlisle’s wife Esme into that and it makes three. I didn’t really think that any of them would enjoy my company. So instead, I sat at home with Petrus who had decided to buy a PS3 and play video games all night. How annoying. Was that all boys did these days?

“How is that entertaining?” I asked coming up behind my man vampire pet, who turned his head, than died in the game, cursed in Italian and glared at me.

“You did that on purpose!” He said calmly. I looked at my nails.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I stated with a grin on my face. “You didn’t answer my question. How is killing stupid computer images entertaining?”

“I’m not killing anything; I am racing with another car.”

“Well? How is that entertaining, when you can just get in the car and go find a random car on the highway to race?”

“You’re not supposed to race with random cars.”

“I know that Petrus, you aren’t getting my point.” I said and rolled my eyes. I could see this was getting nowhere. I left Petrus alone with his game, to set up my easel and paint.

No comments: