Saturday, March 27, 2010

Vodka of Doom: Alessandra Twilight


“Oh please, tell me you are not listening to music from the seventies and what the hell…. Are you drinking again?” Petrus asked coming in from gods knew where. He had probably been killing helpless humans for their blood. That’s what Vampires did wasn’t it? He picked up the bottle of vodka I had sitting on the counter. And yes, the bottle that I had been drinking. I smiled at him.

“I wanted to see if I could taste it, and strangely enough, I can’t, yet it still burns when I drink it. Like it’s supposed too. Carlisle said I should try new things, what’s wrong with music from the seventies?” I slurred slightly. Maybe I had gotten a little too tipsy. Instead of taking another swing on the vodka like I had wanted too, I let Petrus put the top back on the bottle and store it away, out of my reach. I sighed. At least the store bought Vodka tasted better than the wine did that I had the other night. I cringed at the memory of being drunk and having Carlisle come to check up on my bloody lip. Sometimes I forgot that I was still this fragile little human who yes, could hurt herself.

Petrus rolled his eyes as he turned to face me. “Alessandra, I don’t think he meant that you should drink Vodka especially after that last episode. What if you hurt yourself again, and I lost control?”

“Oh death doesn’t bother me. I mean I was a vampire for two thousand years. Being mortal doesn’t scare me either. You sucking my blood is hardly a fear that I concentrate on.” I stated as I slipped down off the counter top I had been sitting on. This time, I stood on two feet without toppling over like I had last time, I had done that when I had too much to drink. See I wasn’t drunk. I told myself. “The only thing I am really afraid of… Is going back to Volterra. But hopefully, I’ll be dead before Aro remembers me.” I added.

“He’s been calling you twice a day Alessandra, I doubt you’ll be dead before he remembers you.” Listen to Petrus the man of Doom.I thought wirily turning around to face him. Yes Aro had been trying to reach me for the past few days, but he was the last person I wanted to talk too. And the wonderful thing about cell phones was the caller I.D . “You’re gonna eventually have to answer the phone call.” I shook my head.

“No, I wont. I mean I can avoid him as long as I want. The most he’ll do is someone here. And if he does that…” I trailed off, well if he did that, I was sure I could find a way to escape the clutches of the Volturi. I was human now that meant that suicide was a very big possibility and it had never been before.

Petrus stared at me for a moment and started to open his mouth as if he was going to say something, then, shut it, then opened it again. “I think you need to lay off the Vodka.” He said.

I shook my head. “I like the Vodka.” I said moving in a little closer to my vampire pet. He was still my vampire pet even if I was human. I had two thousand years on him and the power of the Volturi even if I didn’t want it. He took a step backwards.

“Yep, you defiantly need to lay off the Vodka. Because I know for a fact that the real Alessandra would never, get this close to me without saying some stupid smart remark about how she couldn’t stand me.

I moved my head to one side and looked up into his red eyes. He had a point, and I stepped backwards. What in the gods names was wrong me? There had to be something wrong me if I was this close to him. He chuckled. “That’s what I thought.” He said and this time, he leaned into me and kissed me. I slapped him, of course it hurt, but I slapped him anyway. How dare he kiss me! “Don’t invite something in that you don’t want to invite in.” He chided, turned around and walked away. “And by the way, you’re breath stinks, you might want to brush your teeth and take a shower. We’re going out.”

“I don’t want to go out.”

“I don’t care; you haven’t left this house in days, so I am taking you out.” He stated.

No comments: