Wednesday, June 23, 2010

(Chicago, IL 1997) Seance~ (Alice post)


Having just barley graduated high school, yet again for the millionth time, Emse, Jazz, Emmett, Rosalie, Edward and I all sat in the rather grand, and large living room that had once been the parlor of our huge mansion that Esme had remodeled to its original standards on the outskirts of Chicago and very near Lake Michigan. The house was completely silent but for the screams of the tenth or eleventh horror film we had all watched that day. Of course, it was the perfect setting to watch horror films. Old Victorian mansion, with a bunch of old antique vampires and very near Halloween. And the very last of these films had given me an idea. I honestly wondered why it had taken me this long to think of it in the first place. I had always wondered who my family was, and why they had put me in that place. Perhaps… perhaps I could contact them through a séance, like they had in the movies? After all I was Psychic. By now, I was certain that all of my relatives and probably everyone else’s with the expectation of perhaps some of the very littlest in Rose and Em’s family where dead.

“Are we gonna watch another one?” Esme asked, when the movie ended.

“I have an idea! Why don’t we try and conduct our own Séance! I mean all of our relatives are dead by now. Wouldn’t it be great if we could contact someone? Maybe I could finally get some answers. Like why my father and mother left me…”

“I don’t know about this…” Jasper began.

“Hell yeah! We totally should. I’d love to contact Ian.” Emmett cut trough Jazz’s worries. Rosalie looked a little skeptical, and Edward just rolled his eyes.

“Oh come on Ed, there has to be someone you wouldn’t mind talking too.” I encouraged, gathering candles and the Ouija board we had tucked away in a trunk near the sofa we used for board games. Of course we had never used the board before. But now was as good as time as any to start.

I sat it in the circle I had created with the candles, and motioned to everyone to sit in the middle of it.

“Do you even know how to conduct a Séance?” Rosalie asked, looking bored already.

“I saw one once. A long time ago, before I meant Jazz.” I said cheerfully. “The physic totally contacted someone. I thought she was gonna be a fluke like some of those others.”

“So all we do is sit in the circle and each of us concentrates on someone who we want to contact.”

“I’m not sure that Carlisle would approve of this. Isn’t this sorda like witch craft?” Esme asked.

“Carlisle is at school. We’ll be done before he even comes home. And its not witch craft. Its contacting our loved ones. Cant be any harm in it.” I added.

“I’ll just sit back and watch.” Esme said. I couldn’t blame her. After the upbringing and childhood, marriage she had, I didn’t blame her for not wanting to contact anyone she knew

************

“Is there someone in this room?” I asked my hands on the Ouija board game piece with Emmett’s hands on the other side. Of course the others were too chickened to help.

The piece sat still for a few minutes until we heard a footstep on the wooden floor behind the sofa. Everyone jumped and the curser slowly moved to a yes.

“Who is this?” Emmett asked. So far we had managed to contact one of Rosalie’s and Edward’s family, as well as Jazz’s Aunt Lou. So of course we were all curious to see who was the new spirit in the house.

The curser slowly moved to a O and then formed the name and then formed the name Owen Brandon, much to my surprise, it asked my name. Not Alice but Mary? And I looked at Emmett. Had I contacted someone from my family?

“Yes, I’m Mary Brandon.” I said in an excited whisper. “Who is this?”

Your father… I sat back for a few minutes and stared happily at the board. I finally made contact with someone from my family? The room was completely silent and I knew that everyone was staring at me.

“If you’re Alice’s father, then why did you dump her in that god awful place?” Emmett asked before I could.

“There is someone else who wishes to speak to you.” Owen said, suddenly, and the game piece stood still.

“Do you think we pissed him off?” Rose asked. I shrugged.

“We’re vampires, who cares if we pissed them off.” Jasper said.

“Is there someone else in this room?” Emmett continued, and the game piece moved once again to form the name Ian.

No comments: