Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Inspirations (Alice Twilight Post


As I was going through my closet, a box fell and out came a bunch of books landing on top of me! Just as I was about to fall, from the impact, Jasper was at my side, holding me up with one hand and holding the box up with the other. It took me a few moments to register the fact that Jasper had been able to get to me that fast all, and then I remembered that he was a vampire again and not a human. I turned and smiled at him.

“Thanks!”I said reaching up for the box, and plopping down on the floor in an Indian style.

“Welcome.” Jazz said, sitting down next to me. “What’s all this stuff anyway?”

“Books and magazines I guess.”

“This one’s from 1939… Wow you kept these?” Jasper asked. I grinned at him.

“Of course I did. Magazines and books are wonderful tools for inspirations. Besides, I knew one day that they would come in handy. Oooh look!” I said opening up a page of a certain magazine with a craft idea in it for a necktie. Perfect! I knew there was a reason why I would have kept this particular box of magazines and crafts. I must have had a vision of myself making one of these for Carlisle and giving it to him. I had been looking for a present for him for ages. Just because I could and I loved giving presents.

“Why is this perfect?” Jazz asked clearly confused.

“I’ve been looking for a perfect gift for Carlisle. He’s been so upset lately… I thought a little gift would cheer him up.”

“He hasn’t seemed upset.”

“Jasper you know him as well as I do. He’s in denial.”

“Do you blame him?”

“No, but a present would perk him up. And besides if it was a handmade monogrammed one, those stupid nurses might realize that he has a family and a wife.”

“So you are gonna make a necktie and embroidery it?” Jazz asked a bit skeptical.

“Yep. Come on! Let’s go to Port Angeles for supplies.” I said tucking the magazine under my arm and pulling Jasper up.

“Port Angeles? Alice, I’m not sure…”

“Oh come on please? It’ll be fun, besides you just hunted last night. So you’ll be fine.” I promised. “And I’ll buy you a new shirt.”

“Tempting.”

“Of course it is! Please?” Giving him my best puppy dog sad eyed look.

“How can I say no to that cute look?” Jazz asked throwing his hands up in defeat and letting me pull him along out the door and towards the stairs.

No comments: