Tuesday, June 22, 2010

(Port Angeles, WA) Inglouris--- What?~ (Alessandra post)


“What exactly is this movie about again?” I asked Petrus while we walked to into the darken theater.

“World War 2.” Petrus said sitting down in a corner seat far in the back where no one would bother to look at us.

“Why are we watching this?” I asked sitting next to him. I had never seen a movie in a theater before. Sure all the college kids had talked about it when I was college. But I had never gone.

“Because I want to see it, it looks funny. Here” Petrus said pulling out his phone and showing it to me. The trailer for the movie came up. All I gathered from the trailer was that it was something about killing Nazi’s in world war 2? With Hitler sounding awfully mad about something. And that it had a lot of blood, shootings and fire? I raised an eyebrow as I handed the phone back to Petrus.

“So explain to me again why we’re seeing a movie that looks like it’s a lot of bull shit?” I asked.

“Because I want to see it.” Petrus explained again, leaning back in his seat, and putting his hands behind his head. I looked at him for a moment and then turned to stare at the screen. I sunk into the chair, deciding that I might as well get comfortable for the next two and a half hours.

************

I found myself staring in mock horror as the movie opened up, and watched Nazi occupied France come onto the screen. I watched the man chopping wood, and the girl putting up laundry. The Nazi’s coming to the farm. Okay this was so far the most dumbest thing ever. Did all world war two movies have to have these type of things in them?

I mean come on, they always had the Nazi’s coming in and killing everyone and one person always survived bent on revenge. I didn’t get what the fascination of having one person living through seeing their family killed. Perhaps it was because I had lived it. I frowned and sat farther back in the seat, and looked towards Petrus who seemed to be having a good time already. Great. Typical. I thought.

**************

Hugho Stiglitz? Where did they come up with these names? Oooh he killed 13 officers. Big whoop. I bet I killed a million more. I totally didn’t get what the big point of was over this idiot. So he killed Nazis. I turned to see Petrus’ reaction. Of course. The little boy, was getting yet another kick out of this. Great, I knew that this was going to be a movie that he was going to have to buy and torture me with. And what was the point of scalping them? Ugh.

**************


So the actress in the movie had a bunch of German officers in a basement with the so called Basterds? How stupid is that? Didn’t they learn anything from the Romanov massacre. That you don’t put a people in a basement who hate each other because the bullets will bounce around and everyone… Oh yep. Of course, look at that a whole battle. I turned to Petrus and started to say something but he shushed me. I sighed and sank back into my seat.

****************

By the time the movie finished, I was utterly bored. I sat there staring at the credits rolling across the screen still trying to understand the concept of the movie. And when I a two thousand year old vampire, couldn’t understand it, I threw my hands up and turned to look at Petrus.

“That was freakin’ awesome!”He said happily in Italian.

“Just the best brilliant thing I have ever seen” I said sarcastically. Petrus pouted.

“You seriously didn’t like it?”

“No, it’s not that I didn’t like it. I didn’t get it. What was the point of the movie? The story? Don’t fuck with the American Bastards?” I asked, and shook my head as I stood up.

“Yeah it was great!”

“No, it was stupid.”I answered. Petrus laughed at me.

“That was the entire point. It’s called comedy.”

Oookay. I thought still staring after him. Feeling rather stupid as I didn’t get the point of the movie. Or the concept or anything. Was I supposed too? Did I miss something? I waited as Petrus opened the door to our Camero. He laughed at me.

“It was fun though right? Seeing the movie and everything?”

“Sure.”I said turning in the seat. He got into the car.

“I mean it got you out of the house.” And alone with you. I thought suddenly understanding why Petrus had wanted to go out. Not that I wasn’t always alone with him. I looked at him now.

“The next time you want to take me out Petrus, you don’t have do it secretly.” I said softly. “I didn’t enjoy the movie as much as I had hoped, but thanks. I mean I’ve never seen one in a theater before. So that was something new.”I said smiling now at him.

“You’re welcome.” He said smiling back at me.

(OOC: Okay besides the fact that there are tones of spoilers in this movie. The movie, that Petrus and Alessandra are watching in this post is Inglorious Bastards.)

No comments: