Thursday, June 10, 2010

Rebels Honor (Alice Twilight)


Curled up in Jazz’s arms was my favorite place to be in the whole world. I looked lovingly into his bright, red eyes, and didn’t feel anything different than I had when I looked into his blue eyes. Jasper’s eyes were always gentle and loving when he gazed into my eyes, whatever color they be. I gently twisted his long hair with my finger and reached up to kiss him softly.

He held his breath, than kissed me back. “That was easier than I thought it would be.” He spoke softly, his cold body next to my warm one.

“Um. You didn’t eat me, you mean?” I asked and leaned deeply into him. He held me closer to him.

“That is exactly what I mean.” His voice was soft.

“Do you feel different than you did when you were human?”

“About you? Never.”

“No, different in general.” I laughed tugging on his pjs.

“There is no pain of course. I’m not hungry or warm for that matter. Nor am I cold, really. It’s just exactly as it was before. Are you worried about being a vampire again?” Jasper asked, softly tucking my hair behind my ear.

“No, I’d like to be a vampire again, I think.” I whispered very softly so Carlilse couldn’t hear me. I knew that my father was nowhere near our room. But all the same, I didn’t want him to know that I wanted to be a vampire again. I wanted to be able to see into the future whenever I wanted too. If I could only have seen Jazz being a vampire… I would have slept better last night.

“I thought so.” Jasper said folding me closer into his arms if that was at all possible, and then as a gentle breeze blew through our opened bedroom window, he let me go. “I should go hunting.”His voice was calm. “before an accident happens. If anything happened to you…”

“Sh.” I said softly putting my finger on his lips. “Nothing is going to happen to me.”I reassured him. “Do you think that Emmett or Edward would let anything happen to any of us while you and Carlilse are away hunting?”

“No.” He replied, now, putting a pair of jeans and a dark blue hoodie on. “No, I know that they wouldn’t.”

“Good.” I answered and lightly kissed him on the head.

“Jasper?” Esme asked suddenly from the door that we had left opened.

“Yes Mom?”

“If you see Alessandra, will you do me a favor?” I giggled. Was Esme still upset over the whole Alessandra thing? Didn’t she know that there was no other woman for Carlisle but her? I certainly had no doubt in my mind, that Jasper would never go back to Maria and take her over me.

“A Rebel’s honor.” Jasper said putting his hat to his chest.

“Read Alessandra’s emotions and Carlilse’s when they are together.” I had known this was coming.

“Okay.” Jasper said lightly pecking Esme on the cheek with a kiss.” I’ll babysit them and make sure that nothing is going on between the two.” He added playfully, my husband’s sweet eyes laughing gently.

No comments: