Thursday, July 8, 2010

Over Tacos (Alice Post)


“Is that good?” Jasper asked, while I stuffed a taco in my mouth, and sipped on a cola. I had wanted to try every type of food I could while I was still human. I guessed that I probably had a few weeks left at the best. The taco was famously greasy. Rose would have a fit that I was filling my now human body with so much grease. But I needed to experience everything I possibly could as a human. The question of whether or not the taco was good… didn’t bother me so much. It was the pure idea of having a taco that didn’t taste like dirt. The plus side however, was that I did like the taco and could have easily gone for another.

“It’s yummy!”I said, taking a bite of another taco. Jazz laughed at me.

“Lucky we found this little Mexican place then uh?” I nodded. We had been driving around and around, just talking and listening to music after the whole Walmart disaster, and were about to go to Gottschalks, when we came across the little whole in the wall restaurant we now sat at.

“I don’t know why I even bothered going to Walmart. I never go there.” I said a little disappointed. We had search and searched for a simple tie for Carlisle. The problem however with Walmart was that most of the clothing was cheaply made. Sure you could get some nice clothing, but it still looked cheap and just a little too cheap for me. I preferred designer clothing. I knew Carlisle wasn’t going to care what type of tie I bought him. But I did. I couldn’t let my standards on clothing go down for a simple tie.

“ Most likely because Walmart was right there.” Jasper replied in his southern accent.

“Well, I won’t be going back to Walmart….” I suddenly felt my Iphone vibrating like mad, and pulled it out of my pocket. Desiree called? I blinked and stared at the Iphone. Three times? I looked at Jazz.

“What is it?”

“My friend Desiree… called me.”

“Who?”

“Desiree she’s from London… one of my friends I meant before you.”

“ I didn’t know you went to London.” I shrugged. I had been bored with America and wanted to try something to new so I had gone to London for a decade or so. I had a blast in England but with the war breaking out, I thought it would be better to return to America.

“I should call her back.” I said. “I wonder what she wants.”

“Whatever it is, I am sure it can wait until later. You need to finish your food.”

“Desiree hasn’t called me in eighty something years, so I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to make her wait just a wee bit longer. I guess if it was important she’d leave a message.” I added, then finished my taco, and slurped up some more of the soda.

“Ready?” Jazz asked. I nodded.

“Yep. Off to get the tie!”I giggled, leaving the waitress a tip as we walked out of the restaurant.

No comments: