Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Changing Blood (Alice Post)


The odd sensation of having been pricked with needles before made be shudder to think of what my body could be trying to remember. Having been placed in an asylum one could only guess at what may have been done to me there. Yet, unlike Emmett, I wasn’t exactly afraid of the needles, perhaps it was because it was my father who was administrating them and not some strange doctor or nurse. If I had been in any other situation, I may have felt different. It was also a totally different situation. Carlisle was trying to save my life, where as the people in the asylum—Most likely were not.

As I sat in the chair I looked up at Carlisle. Despite knowing that he wasn’t going to intentionally hurt me I still felt a strange wave of anxiety. He of course, smiled down at me.

“You may feel light headed and dizzy.” He said, as the needle started to prick into my skin. I bit my lip. Strange shadowy images slowly began to float across my memory as if my mind was trying to remember something that it was at the same time trying to block out.

“Alice?” Esme asked, squeezing my hand. I smiled.

“I’m alright.”I said, wincing slightly when the needle was fully administrated. I tried to keep my eyes on Carlisle, as the first bag filled with my blood.

“How are you feeling?” My father asked while switching the bags.

“Woe, you look kinda pale Alice.” Emmett says munching on Doritos.

“Shut it Em!” Rosalie hissed.

“A little agitated.”I responded to my father.

The second bag was now in place and Carlisle began to draw even more blood from me. As the bag began to fill, I started to feel a little faint and dizzy, but held onto the arms of the chairs. Carlisle must have noticed because he stopped.

“I’m okay.”I said looking up at him.

“Are you sure?” He asked.

“Now’s not a good time to be stubborn Alice.” Rosalie insisted, sounding more like Jasper than Rosalie. I grinned at her.

“Just a little light headed but I’m fine really.”I said, and nodded to my father to continue.

By the time the second bag filled, I felt a little worst. My breathing had become fast, as had my heart rate. My palms were sweaty and I had to keep myself sitting straight up, to keep from fainting. Just as quick as he had taken the blood out of me, Carlisle replaced it with Emmett’s.

“That didn’t take as long as I thought, and you do smell different.” Carlisle said happy with his results and taking the needle out of me. “How are you feeling?”

“Better than before. When there wasn’t any blood in me.”I said smiling at him. “Do you think it’ll work?”

“I do.” Carlisle responded.

I sat still for a few minutes before standing and then hugged Carlisle.

“Thanks’ Dad.”I said giving Carlisle a hug.

(Reference:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypovolemia)

No comments: