Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Coming to Aid (Alessandra Post)


“We can help. Don't worry, we'll be over soon. We just have to; uh . . . clean up a bit. Make ourselves a bit more presentable.” As I said this Petrus laughed, apparently finding it funny that we had to clean up Well we did. I certainly couldn’t go to Carlisle’s home in nothing but his shirt. Petrus himself wasn’t exactly presentable.

“Thank you.”Carlisle said and the phone went dead.

“What was that about?”Petrus asked.

“Carlisle needs our help.”I said.

“What does Doc need that is so important to ruin my day?”Petrus asked turning me around to gently face him.

“Apparently, something about the nomads threatening them. Petrus, we have to go.”I insisted.

“Oh alright, Aro wouldn’t like it if we left Doc vulnerable. For a vampire he’s kinda wimpy isn’t he?”

“I doubt that he’s ever been in a fight before. And there is just the two of them to protect a house full of humans. He said that Alice had seen James today. I can only guess what James wanted.”

“Her blood.”Petrus said matter of factly as we made our way out the door. We were a little more presentable, I was still wearing Petrus’ shirt and his jeans which were just a tad too big for me. I must have looked like a tomb boy. I never went out in this manner. Men’s jeans and shirts were not my thing.

Petrus himself had managed to find another pair of pants, a sweatshirt and his sneakers. Instead of taking the car, we had decided to run on foot. Running was always faster anyway.

*************


Gently pulling me into him from behind, Petrus leaned in and kissed my neck once again as we waited for Carlisle to answer the door. I laughed quietly.

“You haven’t had enough yet?”I asked turning around and kissing him gently. He looked down into my eyes.

“Nope.”He answered. “I was supposed to have you… Woe.”He said now burying his head into my hair.

“What is it?”

“The house is completely filled with humans”

“Of course it is. I told you…”

“I know, I know, but I wasn’t expecting… I don’t know what I was expecting.”

“You’ll be fine.”I assured him.” Besides if it gets to be too much just think about what Aro would do to you if you did accidently slip.”

“Good point. If it gets to be that much I’ll just slip outside. I had to do that when you were human and I can do it again. I feel like I’m in the Little Mermaid or something. You know with Ariel turning human.” Petrus laughed suddenly. “Too bad Doc didn’t have Ursula!” Petrus burried his head back into my hair, the scent of the humans overwhelming him, then, he kissed me gently. I heard the door behind me opening but I didn’t care. I stayed in Petrus’ arms just a bit longer until I heard Carlisle clear his throat.

“Hey Doc.”Petrus said, letting me out of his arms.

“Alessandra, Petrus, thank you for coming on such short notice.” Carlisle said gesturing for us to enter the house. Once inside the door way I noticed that Esme stood a little behind Carlisle and Jasper had what I expected to be, Alice behind him. It was an obvious attempt to keep Petrus and perhaps even myself, away from the two women.

“Aw, Doc. I’m hurt, you don’t think I’d actually try and…”

“Petrus.”I said softly interrupting, and gently squeezing his hand. “Giving the circumstances of course they do.”I added in Italian to him. He sighed, but nodded.

No comments: