Monday, August 23, 2010

Reunion with Jasper (Alice Post)


Jazz! Jazz! Jazz! Jazz! Jazz! Jazz! “Carlisle!” I said impatiently willing my father to hurry up with the keys that he was fumbling with already! I jumped back and forth on the edge of my heels trying to contain my burst of energy. I was so excited and happy to see my husband again; I just simply couldn’t wait any longer. If only I had Alessandra’s telekinetic ability to move objects. I bet she opened doors all the time with her mind! What a lucky gift.

As If reading my mind, a small smile curved up on Carlisle’s lips and his eyes danced. Was he purposely making me wait to see my husband? Nah, I didn’t think so, he finally managed to get the damn door unlocked.

Just as he did, the door opened wide. “Jasper!” I said happily, dropping my suit case and flying into his arms. Jasper laughed, it felt so good to be in his arms again, safe and sound from anyone who might try and hurt me. Someone trying to hurt me. This was something I was still trying to get used too. Damned this human form. I defiantly decided that I liked being a vampire better than a human through this.

“Alice Mary Brandon Whitlock Cullen, don’t you ever leave me again.” He whispered gently in my ear, taking a deep long whiff of me. I smiled. “I thought for one moment, just one small moment that I was going to lose you. That I was going to lose the only thing that has kept me from falling apart.” Aw, Jazz. I thought gently tracing his cold lips with my warm fingers. Hah, my warm fingers…

“Sh… You know Carlisle would never let that happen.” I said softly and gently looking warmly at my father.

“Did you really think I’d let something happen to Alice or anyone?” Carlisle asked a bit hurt.

“No.” Jasper said lifting my suit case now, with his right arm. As his shirt went up his arm, the battle scars revealed themselves. Thank God there were no new ones.

“We were in perfectly safe and capable hands.” Esme said gently kissing Jasper on the cheek. “I was so worried about you.”

“I was worried about everyone too.” Jasper said, walking into the house while carrying me over the threshold. Just as we did all those years ago into the very first place we bought together. That was before we meant Carlisle. “But we diminished James very quickly. Alessandra and even Petrus are very good at what they do.”

“That is why they are part of the Volturi, I suppose.” Rose commented then actually smiled and turned around looking happily over the living room. “Home.” She breathed.

“Aw, but Babe, I was really beginning to like the hotel.” Emmett said coming in, carrying both his and Rose’s luggage. Even as a human he was still very strong.

“Emmett.”Rose hushed him.

“Yo Bro, glad to see you in one piece still.”

Jasper laughed. “I told you I never lose a battle.” He said pertly, while gently bouncing me up in his arms. Then, he bent down and rubbed my nose with his in an Eskimo Kiss. I grinned, and gently kissed him on the lips again. I loved the feel of his lips on mine. Oh I how I missed them.

“I’m sure you and Alice would like some alone time.” Carlisle smiled gently, while Jasper nodded his head.

“It’s not that we didn’t…”

“Go, you deserve it.” Esme said gently laying her own suitcase down on the sofa.

**********************

Jasper, gently put me down on my feet, and led me into our bedroom, where he lifted me back up into his arms and sat down on the bed, holding me tightly. I turned around to face him, tracing the outline of his face, the face I already had memorized after all these years. Nothing changed about him, nothing ever did, I quietly kissed his forehead, then his lips.

“I thought for one split second, that James was really going to go after you, and that I was going to lose you. In that split second I had really thought of going back to Maria. If I had lost my family and you…” He said quietly with tears glistering in his eyes. Poor Jasper. I thought, to have such a tormented life before he meant me. I quietly wrapped his arms around me tightly.

“You never have to go back to Maria. Carlisle would never let anything happen to us. And I have a feeling that Alessandra and Petrus would never let anything happen to Carlisle. So see, we’re safe.” I said quietly entwining my small hand with his gentle big one. My Jasper, not Maria’s. Not anymore. I turned so I could continue to memorize his face.

“No, you’re right.” He said quietly. “Just for one moment, I think I actually freaked out. I never freak out during a battle.”

“We’re all vulnerable at times.”I said quietly. “I was surprised that I slept at all last night, without you. I wasn’t sure if I was going to see you again. If only I could have visions, I would have been alright if I had them.” Suddenly, a low whimper from the corner of the bedroom interrupting my alone time with my husband dared to move from the small little wheel the bunny hid in. Aw. I thought tiny tears coming to my eyes. I had forgotten about Coco. Poor thing was terrified of Jasper.

“We should do something about Coco before the whole family turns back. Poor thing.” Jasper said. I nodded in agreement.

“Sh… it’s alright Coco.” I said gently picking the terrified rabbit up out of its cage. The poor thing clung to me. “It knows you’re not human.”I said gently. Jasper nodded. “I’ll have to give Coco away. I know, maybe Mike Newton’s sister would like Coco. I’ll talk to Carlisle about it.”I said.

No comments: