Monday, August 9, 2010

Setting the trap (Jasper Post)


I stood silent for a few moments watching as Carlisle’s car pulled out of the driveway. I waited until I was sure they were out of Forks before I dared to move, still holding Alice’s blood and clothes. I knew that Carlisle was not going to let anything happened to Alice. He was without a doubt perhaps one of the few people I trusted 100% with Alice. Sure I trusted the others, but each had their own flaws. Carlisle however, I knew would do everything he could to keep her safe. Okay, I had to shake off the desperate urge to run after Alice and tell her I was coming too. I had a job to do. Just like the others.

I turned to face Alessandra and Petrus. Both were standing a little distance behind me and the blood. Petrus looked like he was ready to pounce on me, and Alessandra looked a little irritated but other than that fine. If they had been nomads the bag of blood certainly wouldn’t have been in my hands this long and I was certain that I would have had to kill both. Well, at least Petrus anyway. I wasn’t sure if I could get my hands on Alessandra. She was fast, and with that gift of hers it would make bringing her down nearly impossible, but not quite impossible at the same time.

“Here’s the plan.”I began.”I am going to set up Alice decoy at the edge of the yard close to the woods. We need to be ready when James comes into the yard. Once he does, Petrus and I will take him by surprise while Alessandra, you keep an eye for Victoria. She is sure to come to his defense, when she realizes something is wrong.” I hope Alice is alright. This is the first time I’d ever been away from her and not knowing if I was ever going to see her again was madding. I thought

“And if that doesn’t work?”

“I’ll put Alice decoy at the other side of the yard. James has been in the woods watching us for the past few days now. I am quite sure he will be here. Especially if he thinks Alice is alone. Which we need him to think in order for this to work.” OMG this has to work, if it doesn’t, he will never stop until he kills her. Sometimes being able to think about more than one thing at once was insane.

“Alessandra…”I said. She nodded.

“I’ll be in a tree. Petrus, if you touch that blood, I’ll rip your head off.”

“No you won’t.”Petrus smirked.

“I’ll send Caius after you to do it then.”

“No you won’t.” Petrus said again.

“Enough.” I said, running to the edge of the yard with Alice decoy in my hands. I set the decoy up, then slipped up into a tree and waited for the others to do the same. With the decoy in sight, I listened carefully for James and Victoria to show up. It wasn’t long until I heard their footsteps in the forest.

Petrus made a small growl, but Alessandra shot him a look that silenced him. We waited until they were at the edge of the woods, and James was in the yard, before I jumped down from the tree.

“She’s not here.”I hissed, standing between the blood and James.

No comments: