Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Roman Theater

“To be, or not to be; that is the question:

Whether ‘tis nobler in the mind to suffer

The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.

Or take arms against a sea of troubles

And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;---“

Jazz repeated holding a skull he found some place on the ruins of the stage in the ampatheater we found in Volterra. I laughed.

“Jazz, that’s Shakespeare! This is an ancient Roman theater.” I said kissing him.

“Yes, well, I don’t know any ancient roman lines.”

“I bet Alessandra does.”

“Probably but she isn’t here.”

“HEY BABE! LOOK A BATH!” Emmett shouted making a leap into the ancient Roman bath house. Rosalie slapped her forward and tried to hide behind her hand.

“He shouldn’t be disrespecting the Roman Bath House.” Bella said peering from behind Edward.

“It’s not disrespect. The Romans are all dead.”

“Not all of them. Half the Volturi---“

“Oh Alright.” Emmett muttered climbing out of the bathhouse. “Too bad there wasn’t water in this.”

“There is one with water still in it, in Bath, England. “ Bella said. She had become much more like her old self once we left the castle. We all had.

After the events of the morning, we had decided that it was best to leave Carlisle and Esme alone, and go on an adventure our self. Sure we were here in Volterra, being held against our wills by the Volturi. Well, not actually held, but in a sense we were. However this did not mean we couldn’t have fun. Besides, Emmett, Rosalie and Bella had never seen Volterra. So, Edward, Jasper and I decided to show them about town.

“So explain to me again why we’re staring at some dumb ruins?” Rosalie asked wrapped in Emmett’s arms. I rolled my eyes.

“Because it’s fun.” I said. “And just think Rose, without the Romans we wouldn’t have things like water canals and theater---“

“Technically the Greeks created Theater.”
“You know what I mean. The Roman’s created Fashion.” I added.

“Nah, the Egyptians did that.”

“Oh Can it Rose.” I said. “Besides, we needed to get out of the Volturi castle.”

“That’s for sure.” Emmett said. “ I can’t believe that Picus dude…” He muttered.

Alice--- We should take Bella into town and go shopping. I think she may be getting hungry too. She hasn’t said anything, but she keeps giving me that look. Edward said in his mind. I nodded.

Okay, I’m all for shopping and maybe I can buy my new little niece or nephew a gift. Ooh and we can decorate the nursery with Italiana! I said clapping my hands.

“As fascinating as ancient ruins are--- Are we done?” Rosalie asked turning to me. I nodded.

“Yep, let’s go into town. Bella’s hungry and needs to eat.”

“I am?” Bella asked.

“Yes. Come on. The treat is on us!” I said pulling Bella’s hand towards the road.

(references:

http://www.toscanaviva.com/Volterra/Volterra.htm

http://www.artofeurope.com/shakespeare/sha8.htm

No comments: