Thursday, December 2, 2010

Breaking Lose (Alessandra)

“I have been waiting and waiting for you all damn day.” Petrus said taking me into his arms the moment I walked through the door. He gently pried the laptop out of my arms and put it down on a table. “I’m going half mad here. I think I might already be mad.” He said kissing me.

“Then you fit right in with the rest of the Volturi.” I said pushing him away gently.

“Alessandra.”

“Well, it’s true. Most of them are mad.”

“And you aren’t?”

“Certainly not.” I said taking off my sweater and laying on top my laptop.

“You have a hidden motive for this Egypt stuff that you aren’t going to tell me, don’t you?”

“I have a hidden motive for everything. I always have.”

“Yet you aren’t mad?”

“No that is Aro’s job. To be utterly insane.”

“That’s it!” Petrus said grabbing his coat out of an old habit.

“That’s it what?”

“We’re going out! You’ve been stuck here for too long, and so have I.”

“And where are we going to go?”

“Any place but here.” He said taking my hands.

“Your eyes are red.” Petrus shrugged.

“So, I’ll put contacts in before we get to wherever we’re going.”

“Petrus, I can’t go out. I have far too much to do here.”

“Now you sound like Anna.”

“Okay. We can go see a movie.”

“Excellent!”

“But only a movie.”

“Nope, we’re going shopping too.”

“Have you been hanging out with Alice lately when I wasn’t looking?” Petrus laughed.

“No. But I think a movie, and shopping would do us both good. I’d take you out to dinner…. But that would be an unseemly mess.”

“Yes and Aro wouldn’t approve.” I added getting my own coat which was so much better than the stupid Volturi cloak. People looked at you funny when you dressed in a cloak. And besides, I was going to be blending in. Not trying to stand out.

“Alessandra, after this Egypt business I think we need to get our own place.”

“I couldn’t agree more, but Petrus. Aro will want us to have residence here as well.”

“That’s fine. But I think he should let us get our own place.”

“As long as it’s in Italy… I might know of a place.” I said with a smirk, taking his hand and walking out the door.

No comments: