Friday, December 10, 2010

Leaving America (Desiree)

It had been weeks since I had decided to visit my dear friend Alice and found her a human. Of course I hadn’t thought much about her since. I was far too busy in America, and finding, that I missed London. So I stood on the apartment floor of my new found flat in New York City. With Luke, lounging on the leather sofa watching some cartoon show? I kissed him lightly.

“Cartoons? Honestly?” I asked.

“Yeah, why not?” Luka asked looking up at me.

“From, soldering to being a vampire now to cartoons?”I asked throwing a silk bathrobe over my shoulders. Luke shrugged, and I shook my head. “You’re just an old softy. Admit it.”

“Oh I freely admit it. See my new best friend?” He asked holding up a stuff animal. I laughed.

“Does it have a name?”

“Desiree.” He said kissing me again, and I laughed.”No? Um, maybe Teddy.”

“Teddy uh?”I said raising an eyebrow.”

“Yeah.”

“I didn’t know you went that way.”

“Just because I named a stuff animal Teddy… You know Teddy could be a girl’s name these days too. What are you doing?” He asked leaning over as I took out my suitcase. I looked up at him.

“Going back to London.” I said and bit my lip. “Do you want to come?” I asked, yes I Desireee La Fossee had actually asked a man to come back home with me. Shocking wasn’t it? Luke looked just as stunned as I was by asking him.

“Does this mean that you actually want to keep me this time?” I shrugged, playing coy.

“Um, perhaps.” I answered. “Maybe I will dump you in England.” I added kissing him.

“It wouldn’t be the first time.” Luke answered. “But I’ll come with you. Just so I can treasure the time we spend together.” I grinned. Of course I knew that Luke would come with me.

“Great!” I said. “We’re leaving in an hour.”

“An hour! How am I supposed to close down the apartment in an hour?”

“Don’t close it, leave it opened just in case.” I said. “Who knows, we might wanna come back. I did promise Alice a visit.”

“Why not visit them on the way back to London”

“Washington isn’t exactly on the way to London dimwit.”

“Ah, true.” Luke answered pulling me into a gentle embrace. “Alright then, I’ll get things ready and we’ll leave in an hour.”

No comments: