Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Playing Hostess ( Desiree)

“Alice Mary Brandon Hale Cullen!” I squealed much to Luke’s annoyance the very minute I spotted my dear friend in the airport. She had all of her siblings and that juicy man of hers in toe. Looking for Luke and I no doubt.

“Do you have to squeal like that? The whole airport heard you!” Sure enough, every head was turned on me. And why shouldn’t they be? I thought tossing my long red hair and letting it flounce the way I used too when… When it was the 1930s and the name Ginger Rogers was still popular.

“What’s cookin’?” Luke asked greeting Alice with a hug and smiling at Jasper. I knew the two were going to have a lot of catching up to do. After all, the last time they saw each other was at the wedding. A long time ago.

“Defiantly nothing.” Alice smirked.

“So it worked? Papa and Mama Cullen are staying in the hotel?” I asked motioning for the others to follow.

“Sure did!”

“Yeah you should have seen the look on their faces. Babe, why didn’t we get a pic of that?” Alice’s big burley brother asked his wife. Rosalie nudged him, hard. Of course it didn’t hurt.

“ It would have been rude.” She said with a roll of her eyes. “It’s very nice of you to let us stay with you.” She added looking at me. I shrugged.

“Oh we love visitors. Wait until you see our little home.”

“Little? Des, I never knew you to have anything little.” Jasper said like a true gentleman in his southern accent. I laughed. Of course he was right.

“I don’t do little very well. But it is rather small.” Alice smirked.

“By small she means its not a palace.” Luke said taking Rosalie and Alice’s luggage. Trying to be the gentleman he certainly wasn’t.

“How can small mean not a palace?” I blinked and looked at the girl who had finally spoken. She was no more than 18. A human. This must be Bella. She was defiantly pregnant too. I smiled. Of course I had been completely aware that Bella would be joining us. I just tended to forget about small details. Luke seemed to notice her too. He sniffed, but relaxed. We had spent so much time in London as it was bombed during the war that the human thing, didn’t really bother either of us anymore.

“You’ll see.” Alice smirked while the luggage was loaded up into a limo much to my friend’s dismay.

“What, I cant let you travel in a cab of all things.” I stated.

“Really, a cab would have been fine.” Rosalie said.

“Of course t wouldn’t be.” I said. “What kind of a hostess do you think I am?”

“A rich one?” Emmett asked. Making me laugh.

No comments: