Sugar Top Muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 - 25 minutes
Makes: 6 large muffins
1/3 cup butter, soften
1/2 cup of sugar
1/4 cup sour cream
2 cups cake flour ( I used regular flower)
1 1/12 t baking powder
1/2 t of salt
1/2 t of cinnamon
1/2 cup of whole milk (2% works fine)
1/4 cup of melted butter
1/4 cup of sugar
1. Preheat ove to 325 degrees F. Butter a six cup jumbo muffin tin
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with a rubber spatula. Mix in egg and sour cream.
3. In a sperate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Alternately, add the dry ingredients and milk to the creamed mixture.
4. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Or until golden brown.
5. A few minutes before the muffins are done, melt the butter for the topping and pour the sugar onto a small plate.
6. When muffins are done, remove from oven and cool for 2 minutes. brush the tops with melted butter. then sprinkle with sugar.
(Recipe from: MaryJanesFarm Magazine page 55, Dec- Jan 2011 issue Vol. 10 #1)