Saturday, January 15, 2011

Off to Memphis (Alessandra)

“So we’re going to Mephis then?” Petrus asked me as he gathered up his dark, Volturi cloak. For some reason the Cullen kids had decided to spare my clothing and Petrus’s the fate of being bleached. I had it on good terms however, that it was because I was now considered at least a friend of Carlisle. Which in the end did me a world of good. I always snickered when I saw Demetri’s new cloak.

“Yes. Anna seems to think that the temple could be there among another. I don’t really know much about the Egyptian Gods, the Egyptians or their temples.” I admitted.

“You never meant an Egyptian in Rome?” I gently placed a book I had bought on Ancient Egyptian Gods into a leather bag I had somehow managed to save from back in the Victorian era. The bag still served me well and for a moment tried to recall if I had meant any. I shrugged.

“I don’t think so.” I said. “But that’s not to say I didn’t. Many people came into the temple and many different type of people lived in Rome.” I added. “ I remember a good deal more about my human life then I do about my vampire one most of the time. However, sometimes people and images slip away.”

Petrus nodded. “I’m started to lose some of my memories. I guess that’s what happens uh?”

“Yes. It is, unless you hold on to them.” I said.

“I have no reason to hold on to my human memories.” Petrus said with a frown. “My human life was pretty shitty.”

“You were in a band. You must have had friends.”

“Yeah but you had to have had friends too.”

“Is that an insult?” I asked laughing. Oh I knew I wasn’t the easiest person to be around sometimes. But when I was a human, I had been a totally different person. I sighed. I had been very naive as well. Demetri came out of the bedroom he was supposed to be sleeping in for all appearances but we knew he hadn’t been. In fact, he was all ready to go.

“She had lots of friends. Friends who were more than friends.” Petrus glared at him.

“I don’t care about the things she did as a human or a vampire. I care about now. And even that doesn’t matter.” He said finally zipping up the last of his things he wanted to take to with him.

“where is that damn Librarian? Cant she keep an appointment when it’s scheduled?” Demetri asked completely ignoring Petrus. Something he was good at. I sighed and shrugged. Having no idea where Anna was.

“Well, its not like we had an exact time to leave.” Petrus said it was clear that he was trying to annoy Demetri who continued to ignore him. I shook my head again. Men were so annoying.

“Are we ready?” Anna asked putting a hat on and her cloak. Like she was off to tea with the queen. I laughed.

“We need to get you a new wardrobe.” I said smirking.

“I like my clothes thank you very much.” She retorted. I simply shook my head and made a mental note to get her some new clothes.

No comments: