Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Indian Fry Bread


Several months ago back in July, my brother and sisters went to Colorado. Well they brought me back some Native American Tea and a mix of Indian Fry Bread. Now, dont get me wrong. I can easily make Indian Fry Bread without the mix. But still, the mix made things nicer. 

Anyway, I finally got around to making it today and oooh it was yummy. I have a bunch left over and plan on snacking on them for the next several days.

I also found a recipe to paste in here for it. 



Indian Fry Bread
ga-do di-gv-tsa-la-nv-hi a-yv-wi-ya

  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup warm water
Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Add warm water in small amounts and knead dough until soft but not sticky. Adjust flour or water as needed. Cover bowl and let stand about 15 minutes.
Pull off large egg-sized balls of dough and roll out into fairly thin rounds. Fry rounds in hot oil until bubbles appear on the dough, turn over and fry on the other side until golden.
Serve hot. Try brushing on honey, or making into an Indian Taco.

Buttermilk Fry Bread

Substitute buttermilk for water. Follow the same recipe. 

Recipe is copied from :  

http://www.powersource.com/cocinc/cookbook/fry.htm
 
 

No comments: