Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The tree and the Turkey (Alice Post)

“You can’t be serious Alice. Santa isn’t real. You know that. Why do we have to put up stockings?”

“You once believed that Vampires weren’t real . So, why can’t Santa be real?” I said to Rosalie who simply glared at me while Emmett hung her stocking. The one I had bought in Italy. Hey, we needed something to cheer us up there. It was a pink stocking. To match Rosalie’s unhappy personality? Or maybe to try and help her unhappy personality.

“She’s right babe.” Em said.

“Have you had a vision of Santa?” Bella asked lifting a wrapped box and putting it under the tree. I shook my head.

“No, sadly, no. But that doesn’t mean it’s not possible he isn’t real.”

“Let Alice believe in Santa if she wants too Rosalie.” Jaz said touching up the tree with a bit of tinsel. He smiled sweetly at me, only looking into my eyes. I smiled at him.

“If Alice believes in Santa then I am sure there must be a Santa. I mean, she’s never wrong about anything.” Bella said.

“That’s so not true.” Rosalie said holding up a tiny reindeer.” I rolled my eyes. “There was a time---“

“Yes it is.” I said putting up the lights on the tree and cutting her off. “Besides, it’s not about if I am right or not.” I said smiling. “Tis the season. And Esme and Carlisle will love this.”

“Alright, you got me there.” Rosalie finally gave in. She normally did.

“ So you think we’ll come down in the morning and there will be tons of presents under the tree?” Em asked.

“Yeah because Carlisle and Esme will put them there.” Edward laughed.

“They normally do.” Rosalie agreed. Christmas with the Cullens was a tradition every year. Only this year we were going to have food! Oops, I completely forgot about the food. I nearly jumped when I heard the buzzer in the kitchen going off.

“Are you sure you know what to do with a Turkey?” Bella asked me following me into the kitchen.

“Nope, but it’ll work out and everyone will love my turkey.” I said beaming as I took the turkey out of the pan.

“The directions say that we have to pull everything out and stuff it.” Rosalie said turning the cook book upside down.

“Stuff it with what?” Emmett asked. Jasper rolled his eyes.

“Didn’t you ever cook with your mom?” He asked.

“Sure, I did. But that was like a million years ago.”

“Here, let me help. I’ve seen it done.”

“Jasper, stand away from the Turkey and let the women do the work.” Rosalie commanded. I laughed.

No comments: