Tuesday, May 24, 2011

trying to cheer someone up (Alice Post Twilight)


“No Alice, I don’t want to talk to anyone right now.” Edward said as I came into the back room where he sat moping in a lush window seat that looked vaguely like the one we had, oh a million years ago in another house. I was sure Esme had stolen it and remolded it to make it fit the new one in Forks. 

“Edward, it isn’t the end of the world you know. Jacob and Elizabeth. “ He scowled his answer at me. I laughed. “Like Romeo and Juliet. You know? Forbidden love?”

“Alice it isn’t funny!”

“You should try and look at it as funny.” I said sitting next to my brother. “Do you want to go shopping? That always brightens my day up!” 

“No.” 

“A movie?” 

“No.”

“Edward… Come on… Let’s have some sister, brother time.” I pleaded. He really needed to get away. To stop moping. To stop thinking about Bella. I knew we would find her eventually. And he desperately needed to get over the fact that Jacob Imprinted on his daughter. After all, there was nothing we could do about it. 

“Alice, I want to be left alone.” 

“I’m not leaving you alone until you come hang out with me.” I grinned. 

“What’s going on?” Jazz suddenly appeared beside me. 

“She’s trying to cheer me up. Will you take control of your wife Jazz?” Edward asked. Jasper laughed at this. 

“Edward, you know taking control of Alice is like Emmett trying to control Rose. Besides, it wouldn’t kill you to go out with her. We can handle things here.” 

“Thank you.” I said to my husband.

“Oh alright. Alice, I will go out with you. Maybe we can go to Port Angles.” 

“Sounds good. Let’s take the Porsche.” I said starting my car with its remote starter. I loved that car. 

“Now there is no stopping her. Edward, you I predict you shall be gone all day.” Jasper laughed. 

“We will be. Don’t worry.” I answered laughing.

No comments: