Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Alaskan Wild Roses

Location: Bedroom
Music: Lady D'Arbanville~ Tartanic
Book: Blood Houde~ Tamora Pierce
Mood: Chipper 


I've been wanting to go for another walk for a long time, I just never got around to it. And it's not like I'm terribly busy or anything. I mean, my first day at Mcdonalds is tomorrow. Yes, it looks like I am working at Mcdonalds until I find a server position. But hey, money is money! 

Anyway, it's turning out to be a beautiful day again. It's already 65 degrees. But its nice and cool and there is a nice cool breeze coming in from the north maybe? lol. I cant tell. So, I decided to take a walk down a trail near my apartment. The trail is meant for dirt bikes, quads, snow mobiles and other toys. But also for walking. I live in apartment in the country. 

Now, I've heard that there are a lot of wild flowers growing here in Alaska and the area I live in. But I've had yet to see any. So I was doubly surprised today when I found a whole field of wild Alaskan Roses. They're so pretty. I decided to pick a few, to press and send as presents. I might go pick some more too. :) 

I can't wait to see what other wonderful things I might find here in Alaska. And I really want to try fishing sometime. I want to learn how to fillet and cook my own fish. :) But first I need a fishing license LOL. 




No comments: