Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fighting Cousins (Lilac Hogwarts Post)

“Cryil, I want to play with Rosie. Besides, Lil promised that I could watch her.”

“Thomas, you’re too little to watch a pig.” Cyril said pushing his brother away from the little pink piggy who squealed as a result of the shove. Rosie didn’t like violence around her.

“I am not! I’m old enough to be in Hogwarts aint I?” Thomas nearly all but shouted to his older brother.

“So, you’re still a baby.”

“I am not!”

“You are too!”

“I am not!”

“Lilac!!!” Thomas began to shout for his older cousin, just as she rounded the corner, having heard the whole thing from the hallway into the courtyard.

“Cyril, I told Thomas he could watch Rosie, because, Rosie likes Thomas better than you. Look at her, poor piggy. You got her all wild up with your fighting.” Lil said scooping her small teacup piggy up into her arms. Rosie finally stopped squealing. It was clear, that Lilac was whom she had wanted all along.

“But, she wasn’t squealing before Thomas, insisted on being a pest.” Cyril said giving Lilac the little leash he had made for the very pig who didn’t like him.

“Thomas only insisted on being a pest because you were pestering him. Honestly, Cyril, I can’t understand how Thomas can be more mature than you. When you are older.” Lilac scolded making Cyril glare at her.

“If you weren’t my cousin, I’d teach you a lesson for insulting me all the time.”

“And if you touch Lilac, I’ll tell Momma.” Cee said now, standing between the two cousins. She glared at her younger brother.

“I wasn’t going to do anything.” Cyril complained.

“Uh-uh. Make sure you don’t. I’m sure you don’t want to get a howler from Mother.” Cee winked at Thomas who giggled. “Like last time, when Lilac ended up in the mud. “

“That was because of you? I thought a teacher had seen it and told on me. You’re my sister! You shouldn’t be tattling.”

“And you should respect your family.”

“You tell him Cee!” Thomas said moving towards his sister.

“Bah! I didn’t want to watch the stupid pig anyway.” Cyril said running off to sulk.

“Goodness, Cee, I’d never know he was part of the family, if it weren’t that he didn’t look like us.” Lilac said.

“Yes he seems to have the mean streak of the family. Oh well, he’ll grow outta it.” Cee commented with a shrug.

No comments: