Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Just the two of us (Alessandra)

Alex had left to find Heidi, and I hoped yell at her for not telling him, I was alive, and not telling me, he was alive. Although, it wasn’t like I went out of my way to talk to Heidi. In fact, I didn’t remember when I had last talked to anyone other than, Aro, Demetri, Petrus and Anna. I sighed. Perhaps some of the fault was my own. I wasn’t exactly sociable. I never had been. But, I had also never wanted to be part of the Volturi. Alex, on the other hand, seemed at ease with his position as spy slash tracker. Then again, Alex wasn’t caged inside four walls, he had freedom to go where he wanted and do what he wanted as long as he did Aro’s bidding. Me on the other hand…. I sighed again. I was kept a prisoner in a tower full of a bunch of ruthless monsters. 

“Are you alright?” Petrus asked wrapping his arms around me. “You’re awful quiet.” 

“I’m angry.”I said softly leaning into him. Why I had waited this long to find a mate, was far beyond me. Having someone to love me and love in return. I had missed out on that for so long, and I was afraid Aro would take that away from me too. Just like he had my family. 

“I don’t blame you. But Alessandra?” 

“Um?” I asked. 

“You really shouldn’t attack Aro. Especially with Alec as his guard right now.” 

“I’m not going to attack Aro. Though, if he pushes me I might.” I said calmly. “Not that anything they can do to me would hurt me.” I added more for Petrus’ benefit than my own. 

“What do you mean?” 

“I am indestructible as much as you are. I guess I just don’t feel pain anymore. Even when Jane tries her shit on me. Not that she has in years.”

“Jane tried to hurt you?”

“Only once.”I said. The memory still very strong. Well, they shouldn’t have tried to bring me back against my will. “And I could have done some damage to her if it weren’t for her damn gift.”

“So everyone says I am sure. How could you be so stupid as to try and attack Jane?”

I shrugged. “Aro ordered Alec and Jane to bring me home when I wasn’t ready. I tried to fight them, and Alec used his gift on me. When I came too, I went after Alec, and Jane… Well, I ended up on the floor again and Jane probably would have pushed her gift farther on me if it weren’t for Aro.” 

“So Aro can do nice things once in a while?”

“Aro nice? Hardly. He simply couldn’t have Jane harming one his dear ones. Petrus?” I asked turning to face him. 

“Um?” He asked gently tracing my cheek. 

“I’m sorry I decided to leave Forks and come home. Do you wish we had stayed?”

“Aro probably would have brought us back by now. And besides, if we had stayed, you wouldn’t have meant your brother. I can’t believe that Aro kept you from him for all these years.” 

“I can.” I said. “I hope Alex stays for a few days. I’d like to spend more time with him.” I said softly.

“He might this time. He really missed you, I could tell.” 

“I missed him. Did you have siblings, Petrus?” I asked, as it occurred to me that I knew very little about his family. 

“No. I was an only child thank god. My mother wasn’t fit to have me much less another one.” 

“An only child?” I asked softly wondering what being an only child would be like. Then I shuddered. I knew what would be like. Lonely. “You must have been lonely.” 

“Nah, I had a group of friends. We always got into trouble… Which is partly why I ended up as a vampire I guess. You know what?”

“What?” I asked. 

“I think you need to get out of this castle.” 

“Okay. But where?”

“Volterra has plenty of things to go do and see. Besides, I’d like a new set of drum sticks and to see a movie.”

“Just the two of us?” I asked smiling. Time alone with Petrus outside of the Volturi castle would be nice. It had been some time since we had any time alone. 

“Just the two of us.” He said touching my nose.

No comments: