Sunday, August 7, 2011

A Trip to the Library prevented (Alessandra)


“You don’t have to go, you know.” Petrus said, his fingers creeping slowly over my skin, he kissed me.

“Yes I do.” I said moving him off of me, and picking the book up that I had found tucked away in my library. It wasn’t my book. In fact, it belonged to the Volturi library and I had taken it out of the library hundreds of years ago. Long before Anna had even been thought of.

“Nah, you have had that book for years. Why is it so important to turn it in now? What is Anna gonna do, fine you?” Petrus asked pulling me back down.

I laughed. “She just might. You know how she gets.” I said pushing him gently away again. “You can come with me if you want.”

“Um. I probably should. Who knows who you might be on the way.” Petrus said buttoning up his jeans. I laughed as he ran his fingers through my tossed hair.

“Should I brush it?” I asked.

“Nope, I like it the way it is.” He said, gently kissing me again. He took hold of my hand and began to lead me down out of my chambers. “I wonder where your brother is. You know we haven’t seen him for a few days.” Petrus said casually. I shrugged. I guess I didn’t really notice that Alex had been gone for days. Time seemed so absent in Volterra.

“Speaking of the devil.” I said quietly as we rounded the corner and bumped into Alex. “Alex!” I said happily hugging him. He seemed taken aback. “What, can’t your sister give you a hug?” I asked.

“Sure, I’m just not used to random people hugging me is all.” He replied.

“I’m not a random… Why is the woman from the gypsy camp here?” I asked. Noticing her for the first time. Her eyes were wide as she took in the Volturi castle walls. It wasn’t dinner time yet for the Volturi. Then it hit me, my brother was some sort of scout for Aro. Bringing him new talents. The very same type of person whom had brought us to Aro and brought down our family. I took a step backwards and stared at Alex.

“I have to go. You know, how Aro is. “ Alex said, tugging at the woman’s hand and leading her away. I turned to Petrus.

“No, Don’t say it.” Petrus said. “He’s just doing his job. Aro probably wouldn’t have kept him around this long if he didn’t have some sort of value. And you know that.”

“ I know. And I shouldn’t be surprised I guess.” I said with a heavy sigh. “But how could he?” I asked looking at Petrus. He shrugged. Petrus was still a baby compared to the rest of us and I supposed I should have known he wouldn’t understand I turned back around, to see Felix walking up to us.

“How long does it take to get to the library in Volterra?” I muttered.

“Vesti…. Alessandra…. What a pleasant surprised.” Felix said lifting my hand to kiss it.

“Always, a pleasure Felix.” I said taking my hand away from him. I was still in a hot messy mood and I knew exactly where those emotions could lead, if Felix had his way as he had done so many years ago.

“It’s been a while since we last saw you.” Petrus said moving closer to me.

“Ah yes, well, duty calls once in a while.” Felix said.

“And where did duty call this time? Spain?” I asked.

“Nope, Forks Washington. Had a nasty run in with the Cullens.”

“What do you mean, nasty run in?”I asked now staring at Felix, Carlisle never mentioned anything about a nasty run in the last time I talked to him, which wasn’t that long ago.

“You didn’t hear?” Felix asked.

“Hear what?”

“Victoria created a new born army to whipe out your little friends.” I simply stared at Felix.” For killing her lover or something. Anyway, Jane had wanted to use Victoria to get rid of them, but they had help, and whipped out Victoria and her army.”I glared at Felix, swung around and began to walk back towards my chambers. “Alessandra, what did I say?” Felix called after me, but I had already rounded the corner.

“I cannot believe he didn’t bother to tell me this or even call me to let know what was going on. He could have told me that this was happening. I would have gone to Forks to help.” I whined at Petrus when he finally caught up with me.

“He probably just didn’t want to involve you.” Petrus said always the voice of reason.

“I don’t care! He’s my friend, I should have known. Get your things packed, we’re leaving for Washington on the next flight.” I snapped, slamming the door to my chambers.

“What about the book?”

“I’ll return it when we get back.” I hissed tossing it on the sofa where Petrus and I had been not too long ago. 

No comments: