Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Asylum Documents (Alice Post)

Dear Alice,

I hope things are going well for you there in wherever you are. I know they are going well for me today. I found out a little bit more about Mary Alice Brandon. Though, things are still kinda hazy as far as the research goes.  But I have to remind myself that this did take place before the 20s. So that is probably why.

I came across Mary Alice Brandon’s papers for when she was placed in the asylum. I thought you would like to see them. So I have added them in an attachment. They aren’t anything special. Except that it seems out of place. I don’t know how someone can go crazy enough with grief that her family would put her into one of those terrible places. You hear stories of people being put in those places to be gotten rid of. And I am not currently wondering if this was the case. Anyway, I will let you know when I find more information.

Your friend,

Sarah.

I clicked on the document and brought up the attachment. Sure enough there was my name, the date I was put into t he asylum and the name of the asylum. It also stated what I was put into the asylum for. Simply that I was crazy and needed some mental help.  They, the doctors suggested the shock treatment. I wondered if this was why I couldn’t remember anything. I knew so little about these types of procedures and what doctors in these places did to their patients today and even back then. I had never looked into it. I had never wanted too.

I printed up the documents and put them on the floor so I could look at them thoroughly.

“Everything alright?” Jazz asked walking in and putting a gray sweater away. I shrugged.

“I suppose so. Sarah found the documents of when they put me in the asylum.”

“Really?” Jasper asked now sitting down on the floor and looking over the documents. “Alice, are you sure you want to dig into your past? I mean you could find out things you don’t want to know.”

“I don’t remember anything Jazz. Even the few things Sarah has told me, I don’t remember. So I suppose it won’t make that much of a difference. But, I would like to know what happened.”

“I just don’t want to see you hurt is all.”

“I know.” I said gently squeezing his hand and smiling. “But don’t worry. As far as I can tell, I won’t be.” I gently crawled into his arms and let him hold me. It felt good to have his arms around me.

“Are you going to write back to Sarah?” Jasper asked now.

“Yep.” I smiled. “Besides, it’s not like she will ever link Mary Alice Brandon to me.”

“And if she ever decided to come for a visit?”

“ I can be gone.” I giggled. Jazz nodded. “Besides, I don’t think we are gonna be in Forks much longer. Maybe a year or so. I haven’t really seen anything as far as that goes though.”

“Yes, Carlisle is getting old for his looks.” Jazz agreed.

“For his looks.” I giggled. 

No comments: