Friday, November 25, 2011

Are we there yet? (Alessandra post)

“What are you doing?” Skye asked peeping up at me for the millionth time in the past 12 hours. I looked at her and sighed.

“Playing word puzzles.” I answered finishing a crossword in the word puzzle book I had bought right before we boarded the last plane.

“I didn’t think vampires did that sort of thing.” Skye answered going back to her history book. I sighed again.

“Skye…”I started to say.

“Yes I know, we arent supposed to talk about what you are.” Skye said looking at me from her book. “But still. In all the stories and movies vampires are like… well… scary and full of doom.”

“You havent meant Aro yet.” Petrus said over the magazine was looking at.

“I have too. I’ve talked to him through email. He was so nice to me in the emails he sent. I don’t know why you don’t like him.”

“You haven’t meant him in person.” I said glaring at the little teenager next me.

“I dunno…. He’s not so bad.” Alex cut in. I sighed. This wasn’t going anywhere.

“He had our family killed. How could you say that?” I asked my brother glaring at him.

“Well, he’s not.”Alex said with a shrug. I shook my head.

“You know, that did happen a long time ago. You should let it go.” Skye said. I stared at her for a few moments wondering how one let something like that go. And then shook my head. Nope, no one ever did understand the deep grudge I had on Aro. If they couldn’t understand it, then there was no point in telling people why I would never let it go. So I simply went back to my word puzzles.

“So how much longer do we have anyway?” Alex asked breaking into the silence that had engulfed us.

“I dunno, probably three more or so.” I answered. “You should be used to plane travel by now. Petrus is.”

“I am used to plane travel. Just bored out of my freakin’ mind.” I laughed.

“How can you be bored with Skye here?” I asked giggling.

“She has a point man, the little human keeps asking all kinds of questions. “Petrus piped up in Italian so Skye wouldn’t understand what he was saying.

“Hey that’s not fair. You guys are speaking Italian again.” Skye said again, peeping her head over her book.

“Homework.” I said pointing to her school book.”

“Aw come on… I’ve done nothing but that since we got on this stupid plane.”

“Yes and you will do that until we get off.” I said going back to the word puzzles again. It was going to be a very long few hours.

No comments: