Sunday, December 18, 2011

Kanani's Aloha outfit and lots of other things


Location: Desk
Mood: Meh
Book: A Prairie as wide as the sea
Music: Santa Clause is coming to town~ Tommy Dorsey






Okay, I have been meaning to post this for a while now lol. But time always seems to get away from me. I dont know how that happens but it does. Actually, I've been working loads of days straight. So that is probably the most likely cause of it getting away from me. Plus Christmas. But I still seemed to have found time to make lots of cute little crafts. :) 


Anyway, on the American Girl website, Kanani had a few very cute outfits that I didnt get to buy for her because they are currently sold out. So I decided to try and make my own version of the outfit.  This is her Aloha outfit on the website. http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/172873/uid/823  and this is the one I made her. 




It's not exactly the same as the one on the site. But I think it is close enough. And doesnt she look cute with her hair in braids? 


And then I made a cute little Pom Pom pillow with pink pom poms and cute fabric. It turned out great too. 




I also made a cute little fan from Samantha's craft book. I used some scrap book paper instead of gift wrapping paper. I think I could have decorated it more. But I still like it. I had to use tape to tape it together though instead of a staple. The Staple wouldnt go through the paper because I double sided the paper. 




I also decided to make Marie Grace and Cecile's Mardi Gras Mask for Kanani. I may decide to make the rest of the fair costume too. Here is how it turned out. 




And here is the one from the site. http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/196028/uid/874


Oh and I made Nachos from Julie's cook book. They arent exactly like the ones in the cook book but they were yummy regardless. 




Here is the recipe. 




Oh and I am reading my first Dear Cananda book. I know so little about Canada and its nice to see history from another countries point of view. So far the book is really good. Its just like the Dear America books. I'm really enjoying it. 






Whew, that was a long update wasnt it? But it was fun to update lol. So I guess thats all I have to put. A few weeks worth of pictures and crafts and recipes. Now let's see what else I can make between now and the next time I post lol. 


No comments: