Monday, January 16, 2012

Hunger Games Recipe, Hot Dog Roll Ups and other crafts

Location: Bedroom
Music: Cecen Kizi (Istanbulin cd) 
Book: A Clue in the Towar ( American Girl: Samantha Mystery) 
Mood: Waking Up




Wow, I cant believe how long its been since I posted here! I promise to do better. I really do. My excuses, I was sick for a week around Christmas. And the holidays. But now things are slowing down a good deal. Hopefully, I shall be able to do more interesting posts on my blog lol. 


Anyway, I made a few wonderful things while I was on, I guess you could call it a small leave. lol. 


The first, is a while back I had seen this very cute little skirt at Target. it was pink with black lace. So I got this idea to try and make a mini version for my doll. It turned out very cute! I found a pretty shirt at Fred Meyer in the children's section that I used for the tank top. The socks where originally doll tights.  But the tights wouldnt fight. so I made them into socks. The flower charm I found at Walmart. The skirt pattern is my own. The tank top is used from a Liberty Jane patter. All in all its one of my best doll outfits yet. 




In this month's American girl magazine, they have instructions on how to make pretty flowers out of tissue. So i made those to lighten up the apartment. I couldnt find a vase though lol. So I just used a plastic cup. 




I also made a cute little bookmark out of some stickers I've had of Kirsten for a while. I found the idea off of the Doll Diaries website. I think it turned out cute. I could have used color stock instead of white. but it works. (Yes I do still read normal books even after I have a Kindle. ) 




And finally, while I was sick, I spent the most of the week reading The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins. It is a wonderful series and I highly recommend it. I did get annoyed by some of the books in the series. But all in all, I loved it. Especially the first book. Anyway, through out the book, the author describes the food that the Katniss eats. And as I love to cook, I found an unofficial cookbook on amazon. there is a kindle addition.  I decided to try and make the goat cheese that Prim gives to Katniss in the first few pages. It turned out really yummy too. Course I couldnt find Basil leaves to wrap it in like I wanted. But it works well on crackers. 




Here is the recipe I used. So you can make it if you want. 




and I also made Hot Dog roll ups the other days. Those things are good! I found the recipe in Julie's Cookbook from American Girl. 




For Hot Dog Roll Ups you will need
6 hot dogs
1/2 cup of melted butter
6 slices of bread
mustard
American cheese ( I used shredded cheddar) 
Pickle Relish for topping or Ketchup.


Directions: 


Preheat oven to 375 F


Microwave hot dogs on a plate for about 35 seconds, set plate aside.


Place butter in a bowl, cover and microwave until melted. Roughly 25 seconds


Use a pastry brush to cover one side of the bread with butter. 


Place buttered side down on the cookie sheet and the unbuttered side with mustard. 


Sprinkle with cheese. Or if using sliced cheese, cut the sliced cheese in half. Place one half on the left side of the bread the other half on the right.


Using place hotdog in the middle of the bread. Fold bread over hotdog to make a sandwich. Use toothpicks to secure. Repeat with all hotdogs. 


Bake for 15 to 20 minuets. Or until Golden Brown. Remove toothpicks. Top with relish or serve with ketchup. Serve warm. 


Okay, I really do promise to post here more. And expect more posts from Alice and Alessandra coming soon too. :) I shall now leave off with Taylor Swifts new song for the Hunger Games Movie Soundtrack. Its really good. 


No comments: